The walled garden created in about 1760 is of a traditional cruciform design, the central pleasure garden is flanked by an orchard and a vegetable garden, it is an example of a largely intact, modestly sized estate garden. Like the rest of the house when Marcus and Linda found it the walled garden was in a derelict condition. Although much work has been done it is impossible to recreate the former garden without a full time team of gardeners. As a result the original layout has been uncovered and now there is a more informal planting which creates a relaxed and peaceful space.
Designed to be a sheltered sun trap here one can wander along the pathways inhaling the heady scent of roses or sit and listen to the birdsong.
View more pictures in our Gardens Gallery